Popular Courses in US, UK, Canada, Australia
The United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia are exceptionally attractive studying destinations. Universally recognised schools, significant job possibilities, and high quality of life are a part of the primary reasons students from everywhere in the world pick these nations to STUDY ABROAD. These countries are home to some of the highest-ranked universities around the world, therefore choosing between these four nations can be confusing and tricky.
To help make your study abroad decision easier, here are some popular courses and universities that you must consider and compare for each country:
United States of America
The United States is home to many of the world’s most prestigious and highly-ranked schools. The opportunity to explore a multitude of subjects and pursue highly specialized areas of study.
US universities receive the majority of international students. Bachelor’s degrees are of four years duration and Master’s degrees are of two years duration in the US.
There are significant job opportunities while you study as well! You are allowed to work for 20 hours per week on campus. And the US government allows you to work for one year after completing your degree and after this one year you can apply for a work permit.
Top Universities in USA
University of Pennsylvania
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of California - Los Angeles and many more
Popular Courses in USA
1. Computer Science: The US dominates the world of technology. Acquiring either a graduation or post-graduation from any of the US universities will be of the greatest credit in the job market. Advancement in technology demands highly skilled graduates in computer science and there are plenty of job opportunities for skilled computer science graduates in the US.
2. Economics: Economics deals with production, consumption and transfer of wealth. All these criteria are very important for a country’s economy. People with graduation in economics can easily grab a job with a high salary.
3. Accounting: Money plays the vital role in the global market and accountants are most preferred to tackle the financial system. On receiving graduation in accounting, you can explore all financial theories and also can gain practical knowledge on how to manage financial crises. Students can also choose short accounting courses in USA as they can land you the experience and strengthen your resume.
4. Medicine: The field of medicine is always in demand across the globe. Graduation from any of the US universities gives you real-time experience to handle patients and you can be sure that you will shine in your career. Short medical courses in USA are also available for international students.
5. Architecture: Becoming a successful architect is a long process. The course duration is five years and two years for work experience. Universities in the US will transform you into the best architect.
Canadian universities such as McGill University and University of Toronto have world renowned programmes in business, engineering, and other fields. The education system in Canada is very similar to the United States and most Bachelor’s degree programmes in Canada are of four years duration and the Master’s degree programmes are of two years duration.
Top Universities in Canada:
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
University of Waterloo
Popular Courses in Canada:
1. Computer Science & IT: Computer science & engineering graduates and software/IT professionals are always highly sought after anywhere in the world, including Canada. IT project managers and software engineers have turned out to be among the top 10 most in-demand occupations in Canada in 2018.
2. Business & Finance: Finance always plays a vital role in a nation’s economy. With a degree in Finance, you will have an excellent understanding of the functions and applications of financial markets. Economics is another subject with great career scopes. You will learn about forecasting economy and contribute to the monetary policies. Finance and Economics allow you to develop a wide range of transferable skills besides skills in core domain.
3. Engineering & Engineering Management: Core engineering & technology remains a candidate-driven field. The number of engineering jobs has grown steadily and added 7,050 new jobs in 2017 in Canada. Central Canada (Ontario and Quebec) are currently the best job markets for engineers, likely due to their strong manufacturing presence. Almost one-third of the new jobs were created in or around Toronto.
4. Bioscience, Medicine & Healthcare: The field of biological science is broad, interdisciplinary and exciting. The field demands a lot of tenacity and perseverance. Additionally, it’s a research-oriented field. So, more often than not, a Ph.D. is mandatory.
5. Media & Journalism: With the rise of the internet, digital media has quickly become the dominant force online. The demand for skilled and creative professionals in the field is also increasing exponentially. While traditional print media jobs may be heading towards the same fate as dinosaurs, new age career paths like digital marketing, digital media creation and production, interactive design etc. are taking over.
The UK is widely known for its academic and historic reputation. The country is well-established and also offers modern high-technology teachings. Spread across Wales, England, Ireland, and Scotland, the UK also offers exceptional research opportunities for students all around the world. Studying in the United Kingdom is a popular option for international students who are looking for a life-changing and exciting experience.
Top Universities in UK:
University of Oxford
University of Cambridge
King’s College London
London School of Economics
Popular Courses in UK:
1. Undergraduate Law: Almost all UK law courses allow students the option of taking a year’s professional placement at a firm, while overseas study is also available. Students can also choose to combine Law with another subject such as business, politics or journalism.
2. Business Studies: A Business and Management degree focuses on the planning, running and operations of an organisation. Students will look at each part of a business, including areas such as finance, marketing, human resources and administration, and many Business and Management programmes offer placements with globally recognised companies, enabling you to experience first-hand what the profession involves.
3. Politics: A Politics degree at a UK university will provide students with an understanding of the key dynamics of different political systems around the world, how governments deal with crisis, debt, human right and the nature of society.
4. Computer Science: A Computer Science degree at a UK university will provide you with the core skills needed to shape businesses and organisations. New tools, programs and development kits will help develop your knowledge and ability in areas such as IT, games development, software engineering, design and security.
5. Economics: Economics students will develop their problem solving, data analysis, computing and written and oral presentation skills, all abilities which are highly regarded and sought after in today’s economic climate.
Australia has a world class education system and boasts a large number of universities and colleges. Australian institutions have a clear framework and provide quality research and effective teaching standards. Australia is considered one of the global leaders of education, making it a popular destination for international students to pursue their education.
Top Universities in Australia:
University of Melbourne
University of Sydney
University of New South Wales
Popular Courses in Australia:
1. Accountancy: An accountancy degree opens up a huge range of options, both for specialisation with further study options and for employment. They are roles that are in demand at present, with tax and management accountancy roles are both listed on the trade shortage list.
2. Architecture: It’s an industry that is being challenged and changed by environmental needs. Accounting for sun, rain, wind and designing homes and businesses that are energy efficient and have minimal impact on the landscape is incredibly important. Architecture, both commercial and residential, is a career option that’s in demand in Australia.
3. Biomedical engineering: This is the intersection of engineering, healthcare, biology and medicine. It takes the principles of engineering and basics from science to create systems, devices and equipment that solve human problems.
4. Computer science and technology: Software and computer science engineers are in demand, both in Australia and world-wide. With the explosion of AI, the possibilities and growth potential for those in this field are rich. Specializing in areas such as machine learning, data management and banking give great career outcomes.
5. Psychology: Another broad field, the study of human behaviour and mind can be applied to a range of careers. In Australia, the skills shortage list includes clinical psychologists, educational psychologists, organisational psychologists and psychotherapists. The intersection of psychology and machine learning has interesting prospects as well.
Depending on where they’re coming from, culture shock can also be challenging for international students. Fortunately, schools in all of these countries provide support services for foreign students to ensure they have a productive and positive academic experience.
Note: Popular Courses are not restricted to the particular countries, some of them are interchangeable and highly valued in all nations.